Sustainability and active environmental protection as well as ressource saving production are main aspects of our business policy.
As first and only brush factory worldwide Zahn Brush Manufactory was certified according to EN ISO 14001:2004, EMAS and FSC®-criteria and is a long-term member of Umweltpakt Bayern (Regional Bavarian Eco-Management).
Our environmental guidelines and measures for energy and resource conservation
- We aim to develop production processes with an optimized raw material consumption and a low energy level. Emissions are being reduced and resources saved.
- For our products we use certified wood e.g. FSC®
- All used varnish and printing colours are saliva resistant. Our varnish and colours apply to the EN71 – part 3 (safety of toys)
- We are aiming to minimize the number of printed documents in our offer targeting a paperless office.
- On top of our new production building we installed our own photovoltaic system. The generated energy is directly used for our brush production. With these panels we already saved 10,5 to CO2 in the second half-year 2019.
- For our staff we offer with BusinessBike Leasing an attractive alternative to switch from car to bike.
- At the suggestion of 'Blooming Pact Bavaria' we created a bee-friendly flower meadow around our company building.
For further information:
EN ISO 14001:2015